"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, August 17, 2023

There Needs to be More Coffee

 So. Last week happened. It definitely happened, and I was not on top of things at all. There's that. I've been extra tired lately. The sleeping isn't working like it should be, and my sleep app is telling me I need to 15 hours of sleep tonight to make up for my sleep debt lol That's not going to be a thing that happens. Less sleeping means more coffee. And some redbull too. 

Speaking of Coffee... While Chris was off to Costa Rica for his honeymoon, he bought me coffee. It was from a village there, and it was soooo good! So, so good. Unfortunately... it's gone now. That's really sad. I mean, it's ok. I like my coffee a lot. So, Costa Rican coffee will be a treat from time to time! Chris plans to go back out there because he loved it there so much! He will bring me coffee XD My love language is definitely coffee. lol 

I'm moving through these edits!! It's been a journey back through this book. I was convinced when I was writing it that it was awful and I would need to scrap it. Turns out... that isn't true lol There are definitely some things that need to be fixed, but it's not awful. Which makes me feel a lot better than I did before! 

I now have a writing group inside my writing group! I hide in there sometimes. It's great. Plus, it's like a place where all the words can be said and there isn't any judgment. Bitching, chatting, writing, brainstorming. It's pretty awesome, and I'm happy. There's already plans for road trips, kidnapping, and books with coffee. There will be baking too. BAKING. Who wouldn't be happy under these conditions?

Something my sister and I have always done is have weird ebbs and flows of socializing. It one of those things that just is. Right now she is having a hide inside herself phase. Which means... I am spamming her with love song lyrics and cheesy GIFs. It's fine. She is cool with it :p We are weird people, and I love her so much! 

Fall is coming!! It's my favorite season by far. I'm in love with it. I can't wait. It's the best one, and that is a hill I will die on! I want all the spiced cider, apple pies, and donuts. Give me hot coffee and cool nights. Sweatshirts and cozy blankets. I'm excited. I'm ready for it. 

Do you know what else that all means? Football is back!!!! I mean, it's preseason right now, but it's football nonetheless. We are going to crush it this year. We are going to be awesome. We are going to the playoffs. It's happening, and I won't let anyone tell me otherwise. 

Until next week ♥

Lyrics in my head:

In my defense, I have none
For never leaving well enough alone
It woulda been fun
If you woulda been the one

AND

There's a memory on my mind, it keeps on coming back
Made a promise to myself I wouldn't let it get this bad
Now I'm lying wide awake, sleepless in my bed
My hearts a frozen lake, there's ice inside my chest

No comments:

Post a Comment