"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Undead and Unstable- ♥♥♥


312 pages

NOTE: I figured out while I was reading this, Wolf at the Door actually comes after this book, not before. The intro to Wolf at the Door says it takes place after the events in Undead and Undermined, however after completing this book, I found events that happen in Wolf at the Door that hadn’t happened yet in this book.

This was a definite improvement on Undead and Undermined. While I still didn’t love this one as much as I like the beginning of the series, this book is making a step in the right direction. I actually like the changes in Betsy herself. The changes came on slow, but while I was reading this book it struck me how different she is from when she got hit with the Pontiac. She still carries the same fun, bitchy, sarcastic vibe, but there is a little more maturity there. The rest of the roommates were pretty much the same in this one, a few things were a touch different, and those seemed to come out of nowhere.

The plot to this book, left somethings to be desired. I saw the ark, but it felt a little… lacking. Maybe it just because of how weird everything I now. I don’t know, but I felt like this book was missing something important. I just can’t decide what it was missing. I did like the ending quite a bit though. It wasn’t something I expected, which is rare, and it gave the story something fantastic. I struggled with the rating. I couldn’t decide between three and four, but ultimately, it didn’t fit in with what I expect of the fours.

Rating:
♥♥♥


For a more detailed review (including spoilers), click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment