"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, November 2, 2023

ARE. YOU. READY!!

 NaNo is officially here!! It feels good to be writing new words again. Editing isn't my favorite, but I know that's where the story happens. That is the place where the idea turns into a book proper. The writing process is kind of messy, and nothing is certain (for me anyway), so the editing is where the real magic is. Being away from writing new gets hard. It feels good to be at it again! Moonlit is now on it's way to being a real thing!! 

I've been in a kind of a weird place lately. As demonstrated by missing a few Thursday's in a row... I think some of it was anticipation anxiety for the writing of the things. It's something that's hard to explain. It's like being so excited it makes you anxious for it? lol I've been busy as hell, which I think helps and makes it worse all at the same time. The busy keeps me distracted, but can also push toward burnout. I'm working on finding a balance. 

I've found a new game to be obsessed with. It's called House Flipper? It's addicting as hell. The entire thing is about renovating houses. It's fairly realistic, too (sometimes too realistic lol). Not only have I been putting a lot of time into it, I've gotten my mom hooked on it! It's just kind of... relaxing. You can just decorate the houses and then move on to a new one. It's been great. 

I have a bunch more things to get accomplished. Hopefully everything falls into place and the entire month of November goes smoothly. Is that asking for too much? 

Until next week ♥

Lyrics in my head: 

Didn't they tell us, 'don't rush into things' 
Didn't you flash your green eyes at me
Didn't you calm my fears with a Cheshire Cat smile 
Ooh didn't it all seem new and exciting 
I felt your arms twistin around me
It's all fun and games, til somebody loses their mind
But darling
We found wonderland, you and I got lost in it
And we pretended it could last forever 

AND 

Remember when we couldn't take the heat 
I walked out and said, 'I'm setting you free' 
But the monsters turned out to be just trees 
When the sun came up you were looking at me

No comments:

Post a Comment