"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, October 26, 2020

Write Drunk, Edit Sober

 ahhhh, that is one of my favorite writing quotes. Although editing makes me want to drink... 

I'm currently in the middle of a massive edit. I felt like Rage definitely needed it. I am struggling with a couple sub-plots, and I think a few tweaks need to be made. I also found a plot hole (or four) that need to be plugged. So I don't have anything excerpty for you right now. I'm hoping to be done with edits soon, but I can't make any promises. 

On top of all the writing and editing I need to be doing... I took on a couple massive crochet projects that will be Christmas presents. My grandma is getting a temperature blanket for 1955 (the year she married my grandpa). However, since I can't ever leave well enough alone... Instead of a traditional temp blanket, I'm making a hexagon for each day. To shape up right, I have to make 364 (one day had to be axed) hexagons. I have 305 made now—59 to go. Then I have to attach them all and add a border. That is only one of three labor-intensive things I've got going right now. After Christmas, I'll try to get some pics up here of some of it! 

Back to topic: I'm very hopeful that next week I will be done with the editing and have an excerpt or extra to post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment