"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, June 8, 2023

A World of Madness

 I'm feeling a little bit like a crazy person, I'm not gunna lie. I've got so many projects going and it's fantastic and feels a little bit like a dream. I don't know how I'm pulling this off. Rage should be ready to go by October, Matchstick will be ready to go by February of next year... I've already made plans for July's CampNaNo. This is all getting done. It's madness. I'm here for it. 

I'm being more ambitious with CampNano this time around. Which is saying a lot because I thought April's was ambitious... I'm going to get the second book of the Justified series written. All 110,000 words. I'm afraid. Excited, but afraid. I have a tendency to set unachievable goals for myself, but I managed to get Matchstick written in a month, what's 40,000 more words?? 

Speaking of Justified... the second book has a working title: Trust! I have some plans, we'll see how it goes, but I like it. I think it fits, so it will probably stick around. Now I just need to get it written. Sounds pretty simple doesn't it... If only. 

Editing for Matchstick is coming along, but I wish I was getting through it faster. I don't know if I will be done with it before it's time to start on Trust. I guess we'll see, but I'm willing to put it off to make sure I can be fully tuned into CampNaNo. 

I have writing friends now? It's super cool! I've talked to other writers on and off, but I don't think I can say I'd ever found a group until now. I'm loving it. I just have to remember talking to said writer friends all the time instead of writing is a bad plan. The key to it all is balance. Which is something I'm super great at! (That was such a huge lie omg if you can consider spinning around in circles on the ground screaming as balance then I've got it in spades)

The nice weather is in full swing now! I'm so excited about being able to spend every minute of the day on the porch! I basically never leave it unless I have to. Being able to work out here is one of the greatest things of all time. Especially when my kitten choses to hang out with me out here too. The benefits of a screened in porch: being outside AND kitty cuddles. This is the good life. 

My sister is getting married Saturday! I'm not IN this one, so I have almost zero responsibility lol There hasn't been much I've needed to do ahead of time, but on the day of, I'll be helping with the set up and the takedown. And Friday, there is going to be pizza! It should be fun! 

Until next week ♥

Meant to add this to last week (ya know, the one I didn't do until AFTER Thursday...) The Child Unit and I in Boston!




No comments:

Post a Comment