"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Friday, June 30, 2023

Throne of Glass series- Sara J Maas ♥♥♥♥♥

Throne of Glass- Sara J Maas
Throne of Glass, 432 pages- ♥♥♥♥♥
Crown of Midnight, 432  pages- ♥♥♥♥♥
Heir of Fire, 576 pages- ♥♥♥♥♥

I love the structure of this series. The way the character relationships grow, change, and unfold, the way the world is built, and the voice that is shown. This is a quieter series than ACOTAR was. While ACOTAR was loud, in your face, and aggressive... TOG is subtle, fluid, and slow burn. It's a carefully cultivated dance of emotions that swirl around you until you are swept up in it. The first book was good. I liked it. I connected to it. The second book was better and I felt so much more connected to the people. But the third book... that third one so far is the best. It hits harder, it feels harder, and it's my favorite to date. I'm reading the fourth book right now. I'm sure I will forget to comment on it until after I've read several more books, but I have high hopes. 

I still have a lot of questions, there are still some things I am hesitant about when it comes to character relationships and trust, but, to me, that makes it better. It makes it feel real. I'm invested in these people. When I find a book that's good, like really good, the characters become real to me. Like friends I can surround myself with. Maas has achieved that here. 

Hitting this slower pace was like a balm to the chaos and aggression of ACOTAR (which I loved, but man I felt it so hard I didn't think I would be able to pick anything else up for a while). This one is still just as emotional and rollercoaster like, it just whispers to you instead of screaming. There are seven books total, and I'm ready to devour them. 

Overall Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment