"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, February 3, 2020

Rage Excerpt 8


Context: a conversation between Nic and Vanessa. 

“Walk me through what you’re thinking,” he said softly.

“That isn’t going to help anyone, but I appreciate the offer.”

“Remember how we talked about letting me help you?”

“Yes, I do. However, I’m not just going to jump right in and share all my deepest darkest secrets.”

“I’m not asking you to,” he said softly. “I’m asking you to tell me what you’re thinking right now. Just one.”

I sighed. Pacing around a little faster, I was trying to decide how much to lean on him. He did want to help, but he was expecting too much out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment