"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Friday, January 31, 2020

Elly Blake- Nightblood ♥♥♥♥♥

Elly Blake- Nightblood
437 pages

Be still my heart; I am in love! I came into this book with a lot of anticipation, and I wasn't disappointed! The level of emotions I had to fight through while reading this final installment in the Frostblood Sage was staggering. I bought this series on impulse. It caught my eye as I wandered through the bookstore, and I'm really happy that it did. Like the second book, this one definitely earned five stars. 

Ruby is such a compelling character. She's flawed, and she knows it, but she doesn't hide from it. She has grown so much and watching it happen made me happy. Like deep down inside warm and fuzzy. The way she handles challenges is inspiring, even if you aren't a fireblood. 

Arcus has grown on me so much. I think that was the point. I don't think you were supposed to love him right away. That would take the fun out of it all. Of all the books I've read and all the stories I've seen unfold, I'm just a little bit obsessed with how his character evolves throughout the series. Seeing all of that growth culminate here made me happy. 

Kia. I still don't know how to talk about Kia. He is one of those characters you just have to love. You can't help. I felt so connected to him this time around, and I was glad for it. His entire arch and his journey through this series carries so much purpose, and I just love him. 

When I was close to 100 pages from the end, I was getting very nervous I would hate the end of this book. I didn't want to hate a series I had come to love so much, but I had this sense of dread as I took in everything that was happening. I didn't hate it, though. I am a little torn about it, but I didn't hate it. I feel like everything was constructed so well that it wasn't really a slap in the face (which is what I was beginning to fear). I can accept it, though. I can understand all of it in a way that I didn't think I would. 

The lore was just as impressive here as it has been in the previous books. You really get to understand it all, which is something I thought would take forever. This book brings it all together and doesn't leave you wondering about much, just a little. 

Overall, I love this book and this series. I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for something new to read. 

Rating:
♥♥♥♥♥

An in depth look at the series will be posted soon on my In Depth Review page

No comments:

Post a Comment