"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Being Well Adjusted is Overrated

 Guess who got a phone call from C.O.?? I DID!!!! The program is opening up, I get my therapist back!! I've really been feeling the loss lately and having him back is going to be amazing. I don't know when the first appointment will be. I am waiting to hear from intake about getting it set up. So, hopefully it will be soon and then all the things will be so much better!! 

The last week has been full of crazy. It's been a lot, and I spent the weekend hiding in Terraria and talking to the Pocket Besties. I needed that time to chill out away from all of the things. I think I'm getting back into it. I just needed to get over whatever weird thing was happening to me. Bi-polar is stupid and it fucks with all the things sometimes. I'm feeling like everything is starting to level out again, add in the help I'll have from C.O. soon and things are going to be great!

The second round of edits on Trust is going really well! I don't know what it is about seeing it in print that makes it so much different, but it does. I see so many more things that I wish I had in there. I'm feeling much better about the entire book now. It also helps I have people over here telling me things will be ok. I'm just feeling the stress of getting this done. I still have to do the Final Pass of Rage before I release it (which will hopefully be on October 16!). 

I have a new playlist!!! One of the Pocket Besties and I made a playlist together, and she put so much good music in there that I have stolen for my own things lol One of the lyrics in my head this week is from one of those songs! New playlists make me happy. 

I'm already looking ahead to November because I cannot help myself. At all. I need to figure out what I'm writing for NaNo. I have too many things... there is a stand alone I am thinking of doing. Each of my series need the third books written. Plus, a character that appeared in Trust is getting a novella... There is the book I was shoved into writing too... So many choices. I don't know what I am doing with my life right now lol I should figure that out. We'll see. I should probably take care of what I am doing right now instead of worrying about what I'm going to be doing in November...

There has been thunderstorms! There has been lightning! It's been a while since there has been a good storm and I've been so excited about it! We are supposed to get another one tonight at some point. I'm hoping it's good! My cats are less than thrilled about it, but Peanut has been gluing herself to me for protection. So she's ok. She knows her mommy will keep her safe. 

Terraria... if you don't play it, you should! It's so great! The castle in the sky has been undergoing renovations. I think it's much better now. I'm happy about it. It's not done, but it's getting there. I also started a new world focused on cool unique houses. I'm sure I will play it like it should be played too, but I just really wanted a sandbox to mess around in. I triggered hardmode in the main world I'm playing. When some of the things happen... it makes it hard to just enjoy building lol but it's fine. I like all the hardmode stuff too. So I'm bouncing around between pretty buildings and killing all the things. 

Ok, I need to be editing. 

Until next week ♥

Lyrics in my head: 

My heart's a dumpster fire burning all damn day 
It's filled with memories of us it all went up in flames 
Maybe it's trash, maybe it's really not that bad
But the smoke from what you broke keeps growing higher 
While I'm trying to find some peace of mind 
In this dumpster fire 

AND 

What do you reckon, is it just me?
Words are weapons and occasionally they cut deep 
Crisis of confidence, it tends to come when I feel the dark 
And I open my heart 
If you don't see it, you should trust me 
I feel like I got nothing left right now 
Except this beauty in a dress right now
She got me feeling like the best, and the rest are just less 

No comments:

Post a Comment