"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Dance of Cloaks- ♥♥♥♥♥


461 pages

This book was truly incredible! When I think of fantasy novels, this is what I want. Dalglish talks in the author’s note at end about not having a complex world built, but I think he did an amazing job setting everything up. The main characters are extremely flawed people, and it makes watching their lives unfold so much more interesting. My emotional connections to several characters were strong almost immediately. Others took some warming up to. There is a real rollercoaster of feelings toward several characters. Love and hate blend wonderfully.

While this isn’t exactly a mystery, the complete ark of the story isn’t really known for most of the book. Things are revealed slowly and deliberately. While a few of the twists are a given, the rest caused interesting things to happen to the perspective of the story. There is still so much of the world left to explore, and the next books I hope will unlock it all. Overall I am really happy I swung by the library on a whim, and even happier the name Dalglish jumped out at me!

Rating:
♥♥♥♥♥


For a more detailed review (including spoilers), click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment