"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, April 4, 2022

It is done!

Ok, not DONE done... Rage is officially written! Now it's on to editing. I have to do a major overhaul that includes: continuity, plugging plot holes, making sure everything is as fleshed out (or vague) as I imagined it, and my technical due diligence. After that, it's off to my lovely betas! They have to let me know what works, what doesn't, and whether or not they would buy it if they didn't know me. Followed by more edits of mine. Finally, off to my editors to make it all shiny and ready for consumption. I'm hoping this process will only take 4ish months, but I can't promise that. 


However, once I get through the overhaul, I will get going on the second book. I won't be getting excerpts out for the second book until a few weeks after the first book's release. I'm going to try to get some extra's rolling, though! There are already two more excerpts from the first book scheduled and a peek into the Thomas and James story! 


But! As it stands now, Rage is 365 pages and 115,669 words! I'm tired and happy and about to go enjoy some very nice apple brandy to celebrate its (sort of) completion! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment