"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, March 30, 2023

100?!

It's official! This is the ONE HUNDREDTH blog post here! Can you believe it? I can't! I feel like this needs a celebration of some kind... So, for the ebook at Smashwords, I'm giving you 50% off. For $5, Into the Flames can be yours! Will be good until April 10, 23. Code: EU92N!

This last week has been filled with stuff. The gnome I'm making on commission is going well. So far, he has outfits for summer vacation, Fourth of July, fall, and the Thanksgiving one is underway. I'll be starting on a Halloween costume and a snowman outfit soon, hopefully. From there he'll have a Santa outfit, something for New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, spring, Easter, a regular gnome outfit, and maybe another Halloween costume. We'll see. I only have until the 11th to get all of it done. Luckily I crochet fast lol Next week I might have some pictures. 

The writing stuff is happening! Camp NaNo is approaching, and it's making me nervous. I really want to get it done. I tend to work better under pressure. Maybe this will be the push I need to get it there. I've been trying to update the sidebar with writing progress, but I'm not always great at it. I try to be, and I always have the best of intentions, but let's be honest... I'm not fantastic on updates. I'm pretty happy I've kept this weekly post going for as long as I have. I write them each week. (While typing this, it's 11:18am EST, on Wednesday the 29th.)

Soon-ish, and by that I mean in May-ish, excepts from Matchstick will start coming out! I need to make sure I'm ready for that. I try to keep the excerpts clean, but one or two quick pass edits don't always clean it up the way it would be for publication. Plus, this early in the process, there is likely to be a lot of changes to it overall. 

Did someone mention spring? I think it might be here, in theory. There's a thing I've seen around about Michigan weather. We have 11 seasons:

Winter
Fools Spring
Second Winter
Spring of Deception 
Third Winter
Mud Season
Actual Spring
Summer
False Fall
Second Summer
Actual Fall

This is... accurate. Painfully so. We are entering into mud season now. I'm good with it. I'm over the cold and the snow. I've been over it since January. However, I know I live in Michigan, and I know we get snow in April sometimes. *angry grumbling* I'm still over it. I miss sitting on my porch to work. My cats miss prowling around on the porch keeping a careful eye on all the birds. 

There is another thing about Michigan seasons that's also painfully true: We have two seasons, winter and construction. The construction barrel is our state flower. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm glad the roads are finally getting fixed, but like, can we pick one or two? Last year, they had ALL THE FUCKING ROADS, closed. The way they were closed made going any where an expedition. When your detour has a detour, you know it's bad. A 10 minute trip turned into a 35 minute drive while screaming you just needed creamer as you cry into the steering wheel. One day a road was open, the next it was closed. No warning. No rhyme or reason. Just chaos all the time. 

My sister's wedding shower was last weekend. It was a good time! There was also a TON of food left over. We have been eating meatballs twice a day since Saturday. I think, I think, they will all be gone tonight. Don't get me wrong, I love meatballs, but like... there has been a lot of them. 

Ok, I'm off to eat a meatball sub and get some writing done!

Until next week ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment