"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Art of the Scramble and Other Nonsense

 Aaaaaaaah... I hate day light savings time. It's stupid, and I feel sleep deprived. Maybe it's because I'm stubborn or crazy or who knows, but it bothers me for weeks. Next week I'll still be sitting here wishing I had that hour back. It snuck up on me this year too. I wasn't expecting it and then BAM missing an hour. 

Don't mind me. I'm just salty. 

I'm also behind. Not by a lot or anything. I had hoped to be DONE with Rage edits by the time I went to bed on Monday. That is not what happened lol I had to finish it on Tuesday. Which isn't horrible, but I don't like being behind. C.O. would ask me what the worst part of having it take one day longer is. When I grumble at him something along the lines of "that I've lost a day..." he would tell me it's only one day. I'm ok, everything is ok, and I can't change it now, so I shouldn't sit around stressing about it. He would say it nicer than that. 

I'm trying. 

The trying would probably be a little easier if I could have my appointments with him back. He went to a different agency, so I had to do a little bit of internet stalking to find out where. I'm in the process of getting back in to see him, but there have been delays. I do not like delays. The delays make me want to rage and spiral and demand things work EXACTLY HOW I WANT THEM TO. 


I'm taking a deep breath and remembering that C.O. would not want me to be spiraling. So this is me. Trying not to be spiraling. (As an aside, he is aware I found him and is totally fine with it. He's seriously the best therapist I've ever had.) Hopefully soon I will have my appointments back. I feel like I'm co-dependent on my therapist. Is that normal? lol

I'm trying. I really am. This week has been particularly hard. I'm having trouble with my psychiatrist's office. There's a whole thing. It's a long complicated story, but the gist of it is: I ran out of my meds on Friday because I wasn't given enough to make it to the next appointment.  I didn't have my meds for FIVE DAYS. I got them back last night (zero help from my Dr. My pharmacist is just amazing and took the time to look back through my history and found an old script that still had refills, but it's a lower dose). I am now in the market for a new prescriber.  I cried when she told me she found an old script I could have filled. Going cold turkey off your meds is brutal. As of 3pm EST on 3.16, my Dr. still has not called in a refill. That's how insane this all is.

In happier news, Alexandria has been helping me read the Ascendance series! I dedicate about an hour of time in bed at night to read. It helps me sleep better, and it gives me my reading time back. I love reading, but sometimes I feel like I have so much else to do that I can't just sit and read. Allocating that hour has done wonders for me. I'm back into a rhythm with it, and it's awesome. 


Isn't she precious? Don't you want to just kiss her little face and touch her little nose and pet her little toes?? She loves me, I swear lol I let her lay just about anywhere she wants to and give her all her favorite scratches, and she lets me be a little obnoxious sometimes. It all works out. 

So, basically, this week has been scrambling to catch up while taking deep breaths and trying to be ok with it while doing a lot of reading with my Peanut. 

I think that's about it this week. I'm getting rambley. Shocking. I know. 

Until next week ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment