"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, March 9, 2023

All the Small Things

Naming things is hard for me. I really hate it. I can create an entire universe and get super passionate about it like:


Ask me to name said world or character and I will just stare at you. So, when trying to decide the name of this weeks post, I sat here staring at my screen for a while. It was just about all the small things that were cropping up. Which, of course, got me singing some Blink 182. You're welcome. 

Since I'm always excited about them, I have a new nail update! I'm cat obsessed, and that is the current theme:




I've fallen a little behind with my editing. I was doing so well too. My sister had been wanting to move, and one of the townhouses in her complex had an opening. The place took what felt like forever to say they were approved and told her they would have a week. Great, right? Yea, well, they gave her the keys two days later and basically said, "haha jk, you have two days." It was like two and a half days, but still. We spent the middle of last week scrambling to make it happen. My mom, Naomi, and I were over there helping her. Let me tell you... Her apartment has vinyl floors laid over concrete. My dumbass thought it was a great idea to walk around barefoot all day while helping her pack. My body informed me the next day that I was definitely too old for that. We got it done, though!

Friday I was so sore and tired from all the scrambling that I accomplished getting my nails done, changing all the icons on my phone (new month, new phone screen!), and accidentally napping. That was it. I'm getting everything back on track as much as I can lol 

Tuesday is my cleaning day. I hate cleaning, I like the house clean. So, I lump all the cleaning together in one day. I mean, spot cleaning still happens. I just sweep, clean the appliances, clean the bathroom, vacuum, etc on Tuesday. Cleaning all day and grocery shopping so close to getting my knees and hamstrings to feel normal after the move was not a good call. But I did it. It is done. I am very tired and ready to spend a lot of time sitting with my laptop editing and writing. 

So, I am a little crazy and my brain just loves to give me more things to do. I've started what I'm calling A Guide to Athric (the world the Justified series is set in). It's a history of the place mixed in with a short story that threads its way through it all. It's not my top priority right now, but I do set time aside each week to work on it. There may be more updates about that coming soon-ish. 

That's probably enough rambling for today. I have a lot of stuff on my plate to get done.

Until next week ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment