"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, August 14, 2017

Storm- ♥♥♥



I have a lot of the same complaints with this book as I did with Sylo. The intensity was missing, some of the phrasing was awkward and wordy, and the characters just aren't likable enough.

Again, this story has such a fantastic concept with these great opportunities to capitalize on it and MacHale seems to miss them completely. When you mix in the botched attempt made to write in a love story.... it's just not that great. The attempt at romance really bothered me. It just doesn’t seem to fit with the story that’s already being told, it doesn’t add good content to the books, and I felt like it was all pretty cringe worthy.

I have the give the book credit for the last roughly 90 pages. The intensity picked up and the writing came across much better. It felt so much more authentic, and allowed me to bond with a few of the characters.  I know I said it after Sylo and was let down, but maybe there is hope the third book continues in the same vein that Storm ended.

Rating:
♥♥♥


For more detailed thoughts (including spoilers big and small) click here!

I had some help with this one! Spade wanted to help me read this book and he had some feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment