"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Strike- ♥♥♥♥



I have more thoughts on this books than the other two combined I think! Overall, this book is a lot better than the previous two. The writing, while still not great, is much better. There was a lot more showing instead of telling. I felt much more connected to the characters, and actually cared about what happened to them.

This is the final book, so you figure out what the goal of both sides is. I was close to guessing, but not quite on the mark. I feel like that will be the case for most people. The ending of the book is solid. Based on the course of the book I didn’t think I would be happy with how it ended, but I was. It fit it a really good way.

There are still some things that didn’t sit well with me. I don’t want to go too much into detail because of spoilers, but it mostly boiled down to the medicine they have. I just didn’t like it. They mention the medicine in other books, and you get to see even more of it here. It doesn’t ruin the book, it just feels wrong as you go along.

This book is getting an additional heart from me because this was the way the whole series should have been written. The intensity was much better, the characters were written better, it was just better.

Rating:
♥♥♥♥


For a more detailed review (including spoilers), click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment