"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Sylo- ♥♥♥



I’m struggling a little with what to say about this books. I liked it, but there was just something about it that felt off.

The entire book is a mystery. You follow along as the main characters try to figure out what is going on. I felt like the author was trying to give off intense vibes sometimes, but they just didn’t really work. The entire book moves along at a pretty steady pace. It’s not slow, it’s just not exciting. Events that should have been heart stopping were just a little more interesting, but it didn’t have that page turner quality.

I think the concept is fantastic. It’s set in a very realistic world, with relate-able characters. The problem is… I just don’t care about some of them enough. There are a couple that I feel attached to though. A few deaths hit me harder than others (not a spoiler, you can tell from the first paragraph that lots of death is coming). Only one of them gave me true sadness. The rest didn’t really bother me that much. I felt worse the other people had to handle it than truly sorry for the loss. I feel like there needs to be more focus on developing the characters and showing us who they are.

That all said. I did like the book. I will be starting the second one (probably later today). I am hoping as the series goes on the character depth will increase and I’ll get to rate the books higher.

Rating:
♥♥♥


For more detailed thoughts (including spoilers big and small) click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment