"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Being An Adult Sucks

 Here I am, at 8:30pm on Wednesday night, scrambling to get something done... This will be a short one. I know they go up on Thursday nights, but I don't want to cut it too close and miss it.

I spent this morning waiting for my tire place to look at my tire. It's been flat, like flat flat. I drove on it for longer than I should have. I knew what was wrong with it, but I was in denial. I called my roadside place and had them put my doughnut on. I've been driving on that for about two weeks. I finally decided to adult. I was right, the rim is old and corroded and damaged. They had scrubbed it before. Now it is toast. Done. Over. I have to replace it. The cheapest option is $190. I'm fine. This is fine. 

Then I spent the rest of the day at the hospital with Naomi. She has been having some issues. We don't really know what is going on. I'm not going to get into all the details because those aren't mine to give. She will be ok, it's just going to take more appointments and tests. Spending six hours in a hospital is not a good time. 

I'm a little behind on CampNaNo, but it isn't anything I can't make up if I put my mind to it. I still believe I can do this. It's still hard to believe I'm as far as I am. Having my mental state in a better place makes all the difference. It took me much longer to write Into the Flames, and Rage took way longer than I'd like to admit. I'm doing better and my writing is getting better. 

So, I haven't written anything today and I need to go do that or I can kiss my hopes of finishing in time goodbye. 

Until next week ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment