"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Oy With the Poodles Already!


It's been that kinda week. I mean, it's not all bad. I just stalk the weather too much, I think. I've been dreading this storm. But, like, it didn't even end up being that bad here? I'm not mad about it. Here's the thing. I love storms. Give me Big Thunder. Give me Big Lightning. Add a touch of wind and that intoxicating smell of a storm. That's what I want. You can keep the tornados and the 60-mile-an-hour wind gusts. So watching this storm drop deadly tornado after deadly tornado as it got closer and closer to me was a little nerve wracking, to say the least. BUT Oy with the poodles already! (and if you don't understand... I highly suggest a binge session of Gilmore Girls)


I did my nails, buuuuuut don't judge them harshly lol while I am never a fantastic artist, these ones have some issues because I didn't take the picture after they were done. Theeeeen some particularly rough cleaning day happened, and I chipped a few nails and had to file them... They are a hot mess AT BEST right now. But it's fine. 





I think I've talked about it before, but Tuesday is my cleaning day. I ended up taking a bookcase down the stairs BY MYSELF. I did not really think that one through all the way until I was on the stairs backward, supporting the bookcase. I did it, AND I didn't fall! Which is kinda fantastic because I'm really good at falling down the stairs. It's one of my superpowers. Falling upstairs, tripping over painted lines, and oversleeping are also among my super powers. I paid extra for that. 


I have a countdown on my phone to my best friend's wedding. It's been there since like July-ish. I see it, but today I actually saw it. There are 45 days left. FORTY-FIVE. But I'm getting there eight days before the wedding. So, I have 37 days before I will be driving 850 miles. O.o It's just like... all of a sudden here. It just sort of dawned on me. I feel like I'm not ready? Time moves weird... And then, three weeks after that wedding is my sister's wedding. 


The gnome!!! He is coming along, but I'm freaking out because I only have like 6 days to finish. The little outfits are taking longer than I anticipated. I'm going to get it done. Staying on top of all the things makes me very busy, but busy is something I can handle. Being busy usually means I am being productive. Productive days are good days. It means I'm doing ok. So I'm busy, but I'm happy. So, here's the gnome:








No comments:

Post a Comment