"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Running Aimlessly Through Silverwood

 At this point, it feels like a lifetime ago. Rift was the first MMO I'd ever played. It's really the only one, tbh. I gave WoW a chance, but I hated it. Rift was a place I found community when I felt like I had none. A place I made friends when I desperately needed it. Silverwood was one of my favorite places to roam. When Rift After Dark (for those of us that logged in late at night where sometimes it was drunk silliness and others it was sober deep conversations) came, I often wandered around aimlessly there while talking to people. I was a GL there. I've made a couple life long friends there. One of whom is actually getting married in May, and I'll be a groomsman at the wedding. Every once in a while, I miss it. Right now is one of those times. I don't have time for something like that. Even if I put in the work to find another game like that to play, I just can't dedicate myself to the grind. It was a really sad time for me when Rift died (I know there are still people that play, but for those of us that were there for Storm Legion, it just isn't the same). Anyway, it's just something I have been thinking about this week. 


Changes in barometric pressure are going to kill me. My allergies and sinus issues have been going wild. It's been this never-ending cycle of sneezing, headaches, and feeling like my face is going to pop open. It's not fun. What's less fun is the daily allergy meds I take do absolutely nothing for my body's reaction to pressure changes. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to living in general. That isn't an exaggeration. Think of any product you use, and I can probably name at least one brand of it that I'm allergic to. Add that to regular ones like pollen, dust, and dander from any animal, and you've got a party. I'm allergic to leaves, the bark of trees, grass, and the sun. Yes. I am allergic to the sun. Some are worse than others. Like, if I look at a rabbit, my eyes will swell shut. So, I've been feeling a lot like someone hit me with a truck. 


The weather changes aren't all bad. I'm officially back to having my office on my porch!! I'm sure there will still be a few days that get cold enough to keep me in the house, but I will be out here as much as humanly possible. I know, with all my allergies, that probably sounds crazy. I don't care. The sun allergy is only bad for the first couple weeks I'm out here, then it shifts down to be a mild annoyance. It's worth it to be out here. The cats are happy too. They have missed their porch time. There are birds to watch, people to keep an eye on, and cars to give side eyes to. They still haven't figured out why we allow all these other people to get so close to their house. It's a problem.


I spent a long time doing 60-90 minutes of exercise a day, drinking a metric fuckton of water, and trying to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Then stuff happened, and I was drinking less water and spending a lot of time on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, eating shit food while editing. Let me tell you, I felt better when I was doing the former than the latter. I need to get back into being healthy and stuff. Why is it so hard to go back to healthy habits and so easy to slip into bad ones? That is a goal for now. I probably can't dive into a 90 minute workout without feeling like I'm going to die, but I need to start doing something. I miss feeling better. 


CampNano... I was doing so well. I was ahead of the curve. I was making progress... Then I got behind on the gnome and went into panic crochet mode. I didn't write at all for 3 days. I'm no longer ahead, but I'm not too far behind, in theory. I need to work on getting that all caught up so I can finish this by the end of the month. I'm almost halfway through the book. Isn't that crazy?? I feel like it's crazy. That's fine. I'm fine. I'm going to write an entire book in like a month... I still can't believe that. I did get most of the gnome done. He didn't get a leprechaun outfit, and his suitcase isn't done yet, but everything else was done and polished. Once that stuff is done, it will be on its way to live with the gnome!


Ok, I've rambled enough, I think. I need to go get some writing done. Gotta catch up on those CampNaNo goals...


Until next week ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment