"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, January 13, 2020

Nic: An Interview



I thought it might be time to let Nic shine on his own. He was supposed to be a character that made a quick appearance and wasn’t heard from again. He showed me… 

How are you doing today?

“I’m doing well,” he said with a grin as he settled into the chair. “Although, I’d be much happier if this business with the Conclave was settled.”

Understandable. I’ll try not to take up too much of your time. Ready to answer some questions?

“Very much so.”

Then let’s get this rolling! How do you feel about your last name?

“It’s a token of my heritage, so I like it?” he said as his brow furrowed. “I’m not sure what you’re looking for here. Do people have strong feelings about their surnames?” Some people do, yes. They hate them for various reasons. He leaned back, tipping his to the left, and the inside of his lip. “I mean, I guess I could say I love it because it’s been passed through my family for generations and carries some authority in the Were community.” 

Is there anything you’d like to thank your author for?

A wide grin slowly spread across his face. “Meeting Vanessa.” Would you like to elaborate on that? “She is something else. I’ve never met a non-Were willing to get in a full-blooded Alpha’s face before. She is a pain in my ass, always challenging me, and she never seems to know when to stop.” None of those things sound like a positive. “Oh they are,” he said as he stretched his arms over his head, then lacing his fingers together behind his neck. “I can never decide what I want to do with her. I love it.”

Interesting. We’ll have to get back to that another time… Next question, you can only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what are they?

He tipped his head to the side, mumbling softly to himself. He brought his hands around to his lap, fingers tapping slightly as if he were ticking things off. “Barbeque ham and bacon sandwiches with mayo, spicy mustard, cheese, and fries on the side has to be one of them for sure. Wait… Is that allowed since it’s more than one kind of food?” he asked thoughtfully. Yes, that’s allowed. What about the other two? A small, shy grin lit up his face, “Popcorn has to be one. Definitely popcorn.” He leaned back again, thinking about his final choice. “Pizza,” he finally said. “Fully loaded with meat, three-cheese pizza. NO WAIT! Pepperoni, bacon, black olive pizza with feta and mozzarella. Yea, final answer. That was a drastic change in pizza toppings. What prompted that? “You’ll just have to figure it out,” he said with a smirk. 

Have you said or done anything that surprised your author?

“Just being here,” he said with a laugh. “She really didn’t expect me to stick around. Cal or Reed either. I just couldn’t help it, though, something things you just have to go after.”

That was… cryptic. We’ll keep moving forward, though. You have limitless funds, what kind of party are you going to have?

“A bonfire, for sure,” he said as he sank back into the chair, thinking. “Tons of food and spirits. I’d find the best musician and pay them a ridiculous sum of money to keep the music up for most the night, of course, they could bring any help they wanted.” He drummed his fingers against his leg as he chewed the inside of his lip. “We’d need marshmallows to roast too. And somewhere for everyone to sleep if they wanted to stay.” That sounds pretty incredible. Why that kind of party? “Why not?” he said with a shrug. “Bonfires are always fun, and I feel like we could all use some fun, carefree nights.”

Fair point. Tell us a quick story about something that’s happened to you that not even your author knows about… yet.

“Hmm, I’ll drop this first: I was affirmed and had a little girl once. I’m not going to go into that now, though,” he said firmly. “But I will tell this story: When I was little, I was a bit of a daredevil. I thought since my wolf form could pull some incredible stunts, my human form should be able to do something equally incredible. I tried to scale the side of a house and then jump into a tree that was about… 8 feet away. I was three floors up and I didn’t make the jump. I broke my arm, and my mother went back and forth between worry and anger so fast it made my head spin,” he said with a chuckle. “I was a difficult child.”

Do you have a favorite hero?

“Not so much one individual, but instead a type of person,” he said thoughtfully. “Anyone that sees something troubling and steps in or tries to change it. Just because you lived through something, doesn’t mean everyone after you should have to. I admire people that refuse to tolerate the suffering of others just because they suffered in a similar manner.”

What do you plan to do after this?

“Well, after the interview, I need to get back to Vanessa since we have a country to protect, but after that… I really don’t know,” he said with a grin. “I’m still trying to work that out.”

Good luck with everything, and I’m sure we’ll talk again soon! 

“No, thank you. It was good to get away for minute,” he said as he stood up. “Until we meet again,” he said with an exaggerated bow before he walked off to meet the portal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment