"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, January 6, 2020

Rage Excerpt 2

Originally posted to Tumblr April 26, 2018

I thought about adding in some of the fight scene, but I decided to hold off on that. I still need to do too much editing and refining. This is a moment during a slight reprieve in the fighting, and the first time Thomas is directly in the story and not just talked about!

Thomas was on the floor in the corner, sword in hand, eyes wide. James dropped my hand and rushed over to him. Recognition shone in Thomas’s eyes, and he leapt to his feet, dropping the sword. James pulled him in hard and held him tight. Thomas’s arms went around James’s neck as he pressed a fierce kiss to his lips.

I pulled Ellie to the other room to give them a minute to bask in their relief. We needed to get moving, but I couldn’t bring myself to tell them that yet.

“I think the bow is in the closet in here, I’m going to go find the other sword. I think I have a plan.”

She nodded, while I went back through the living room. James and Thomas were still locked in a crushing embrace, but James pulled back to rest his forehead against Thomas’s.

“I was so worried,” he whispered. “So worried.”

I slipped into their bedroom to look for the other sword. It didn’t take long before James joined me.

“Thank you for giving us a minute. I know we need to get moving,” he said hoarsely.

“I knew you needed it, but now we have to find the other sword and get upstairs.”

**All excerpts are lightly edited from a first draft. The contents could change or be removed from the final product.**

No comments:

Post a Comment