"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, January 6, 2020

Rage Excerpt 4

Originally posted to Tumblr May 11, 2018

I love Vanessa more than I ever thought I would! Here is a glimpse of the end of a conversation with Nicholai (he’s new, and I can already tell he will be a favorite!)


“Are you always so evasive?” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Are you always so bossy?”

“She is bossy on her best days and downright bitchy on the bad ones,” James said plopping down beside me. “What did I miss?”

“Nic is being evasive. Answering, but not really,” I said.

“Hey now, I answered all the questions,” Nic replied.

“Sure, in the shortest way you could. Is it a natural talent or did you have to learn how to answer questions using as few words as possible?”

He gave me a soft smile before climbing to his feet.

“I’m going to see how Reed is doing.”

I watched him weave his way to the other side of the room and shook my head.

**All excerpts are lightly edited from a first draft. All content may change or be removed from the final product.**

No comments:

Post a Comment