"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, January 6, 2020

Thomas: An Interview

Originally posted to Tumblr on June 4, 2018. This was a tag game to interview one of your characters.

I’m pretty excited about this one! I’m probably going to change the format just a little bit (shocking that I don’t follow directions isn’t it lol) I think I want this to be an interview with Thomas. Vanessa and James get a lot of airtime on here, so it’s time for Thomas to get some more!


Q: How are you doing today?

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, a slow smile formed. “I’m fantastic, but I would like to make this kind of quick. The Jamessa Society is in the middle of dealing with some things.”

Q: Of course! This shouldn’t take too long. Ready to answer some questions?

He smirked, his eyes were lit with amusement, as he leaned back in the chair. “It’s why I’m here, is it not?”

Q:Fair point. Let’s get started! How do you feel about your last name? Your surname?

“My surname?” he asked as his forehead crinkled. He sat up a little straighter and looked around the room. “Is this a joke? Is Vanessa here with a camera? Did you really pull me away from everything to ask that?” That really is listed here as a question, more an icebreaker. He sighed, and leaned back, lacing his fingers behind his head. “It’s ok? I guess? It’s always been there. There are worse names out there than Ashwood.”

Q: Is there anything you’d like to thank your author for?

He relaxed a bit more again, let his arms come down to his sides. “She brought a world together for James and I to be happy in. She listens to Vanessa complain a lot, and I think that lessens how much I have to hear,” he said with a laugh. “Don’t get me wrong, I love V, but that’s a lot of bitching to come out of one person!”

Q: You can only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what are they?

“That’s a tough one… Is cost a factor, and are drinks included in this limit?” he asked thoughtfully. Money isn’t an issue, and other than water, yes, including drinks. He bit his lip and leaned forward again, knotting his hands. “What about things like pizza? If I get pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni, bacon, and olives would that count as one food?” Thomas, this question doesn’t have to be that involved. Just pick three foods. “It is that involved! I need to know what the limits are to make an informed decision!” he said throwing his hands in the air. “Proper nutrition has to be considered, it has to have some diversity too or I would get bored, and…” Ok, how about this, what are your three favorite meals? “Well that’s easy,” he said with a smile. “Double cheese, pepperoni, bacon, olive, and feta cheese pizza with cheese bread, hamburgers with bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickles, spicy mustard, ketchup, and mayo with french fries, in honey mustard of course, and a three cheese, turkey, and ham sandwich with tomatoes, sprouts, lettuce, and honey mustard with tomato soup. You couldn’t have just picked any of those for the original question? “You’re the one that didn’t set parameters for the food in the first question!” he said with a gleeful laugh.

Q: Always so difficult… anyway, have you ever done or said anything that surprised your author?

"She wasn’t expecting the anger,” he said with a slight nod. “She thought I was just a sweetheart that was in love with James. How dark and harsh my past is, and the anger it left me with surprised her,” he said as he started to dry wash his hands. “I wish she hadn’t seen that. I would have loved to just keep moving forward, but she is going to want to understand it. That means talking about it.” Maybe talking about it can help you. He let out a puff of breath. “Yea, maybe.

Q: You have limitless funds, what kind of party are you going to have?

He still hummed with tension, but this question was still much brighter than the last. He peered up with a shy smile. “A Coalescence Ceremony. I would make sure it was perfect. James deserves that you know,” he said looking back toward his feet. “After everything… he just deserves the best life can offer.” He cleared his throat, when his gaze came back up it was no long shy, but fiercely determined. “I would plan it all for him.”

Q. Tell us a quick story about something that’s happened to you that not even your author knows about… yet.

He sighed. “Why is this interview such a roller coaster? I don’t really want to talk about all of that right now. We are in the middle of trying to save Aleiant right now. We can worry about this other stuff later.” Can you allude to any of it? “No,’ he said firmly. “I have a lot on my plate right now and I can’t get dragged into my memories. All you need to know is my past has some pretty big skeletons. They will have to be dealt with at some point. That point is not right now.”

Q. Do you have a favorite Hero?

"Probably not in the traditional sense you’re looking for,” he said. He had started fidgeting with the cuffs on his shirt. “James for his overwhelming positivity and compassion. He showed me a new way to live. Vanessa for the way she is always brazenly herself, no matter what. Gus and Cassidy’s loyalty to each other is impressive and should be aimed for by everyone.” He sighed again, “that’s all I have for that one. Are we almost done here? I’d like to get back.”

Q. What do you plan to do after this?

"Whatever I can to protect Aleiant. Affirm with James. Help make sure Ellie gets an official spot in the Jamessa Society. I would also really like some real sleep. Like lots of consecutive hours, in a real bed, with comfy blankets.” he rubbed the palm of his hands over his knees. He looked like he was vibrating with the need to get up and leave, but was waiting to be dismissed. Thank you for answering these Thomas. A portal will open over there and take you back. “Anytime, although preferably not anytime soon… I’m going to be a bit busy.” He gave a small nod, and walked off to greet the portal.

I think I want to do more of this, only with the group, and a more clearly defined narrator… Stay tuned for that. It might be a thing…

No comments:

Post a Comment