"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Monday, September 11, 2017

Fish Out of Water- ♥♥♥♥


270 pages

As much as I like Fred (I’m still pretty positive I am her), this book just didn’t go as well as the others. The plot was ok, but it wasn’t anything I was super excited about. I liked seeing Fred’s dynamics with Jonas, Thomas, and Artur, but there just wasn’t enough depth to the storyline for me. Then the ending was disappointing, of the major plot not the whole book. Davidson has a habit of ending major arks in a page or two. Not all the time, but enough to make me sad. It makes even really good arks seem anti-climactic.

I’ll be sad to not see more of Fred, but I have hopes she will show up in a Betsy story (I’ve been under the impression Fred, Betsy, and Wyndham are all intertwined). Now, while I didn’t like how the major ark was resolved, I did like how the trilogy was wrapped up. The ending for everyone involved was near perfect for me. I was more than happy with the course everyone’s lives were set, and even if I don’t see Fred again, I am comfortable with how we left things!

Rating:

♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment