"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Undead and Unwed- ♥♥♥♥


255 pages

This is one of those books I love coming back to. It’s over the top silly, and that what makes it one of my favorites. Betsy is crass, stubborn, and more than I little vain. I love her. She can be a tad childish sometimes, but it doesn’t annoy (me anyway). She is very seriously flawed, but not only admits it, she owns it. I like her inner monologues because I feel like we are all a little like her sometimes. Really my own complaint about her as a character is how much she whines. It can be a little excessive.

The plot is pretty solid overall. At times the books seems to move kind of slowly, but not so much so that I wanted to stop reading it. This book is just fun. It is a relatively easy read, it doesn’t take itself at all seriously, and that makes any small lulls inconsequential. I struggled with the rating. In some respects I feel like it doesn’t fit it with the other books I gave five hearts to… but damnit, I really do love Betsy. Five hearts it is. I highly recommend it. It is a little racy though. Anyone that doesn’t want to run into every erotica like scenes should pass on this book.

Since I have already read this series (several times) I won’t be writing a more in depth review. I already know what’s going to happen, so I feel like I can’t speculate honestly. Once I reach the point in this series I have not read, I will start writing the in depth reviews again (will be somewhere near the end).

Rating:
♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment