"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Undead and Unsure- ♥♥♥♥

301 pages

It feels a lot like Davidson is trying to right the world she tilted (read: broken). I feel like this book is a step in the right direction. While there are still plenty of things I’m not happy about, they stemmed from other books. I can’t really hold them against this book. Betsy seems to make a lot more personal progress in this book, which I am really happy about. While this really isn’t a lighthearted series anymore, I feel like it is starting to regain its readability. Jess and Nick have more of a focus in this book, which was a long time coming. Tina seems to less and less relevant, which makes me sad. I like Sinclair a lot more after this one. I didn’t hate him before, but I didn’t really like him either. Marc is fabulous, as always.

The plots seem to be getting thinner and thinner, but it wasn’t bad. It took the overall storyline through logical paces. It was definitely needed, but it just wasn’t as exciting as some of the previous books. I think I am starting to lose interest in all of it. Maybe it will get better because the crazy is being reigned in, but we’ll see. Some crazy is good, it keeps things interesting, but this series has taken crazy to a whole other level. It got to the point of being obnoxious. There are still three books left, maybe the series can end on a high note!

Rating:
♥♥♥♥


For a more detailed review (including spoilers), click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment