"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Friday, September 8, 2017

Swimming Without a Net- ♥♥♥♥♥


271 pages

As much as I loved Fred in the first book, I love her in this one even more! I am still convinced I am the human version of her! I like seeing how Fred adapts (begrudgingly) to what is happening around her. Everything that happens in this book is incredibly well done. While the concept of a supernatural being wanting to come forward and be known to the world has been done before, the way this book handles it is pretty great. Listening to the Pelagic was interesting, and it flowed really well.

Jonas is still one of my favorite people, and he and Dr. Barb make such a cute couple. Jonas is so ideal for a best friend. I do wish Fred was a little kinder to him, but she isn’t that bad. Thomas and Artur are there, of course, and their dynamic is also really fun to read. I have to say though, as far as supporting characters go… Mekkam using “motherfucker” repeatedly was my favorite thing!

Rating:

♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment