"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is and just do what they would do."- Neil Gaiman

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Undead and Unwary- ♥♥♥♥


303 pages

I am less than enthusiastic about this series because I can’t help but to always go to the what if’s… There is so much more this series could have been. I try not to hold it against each book, but it’s hard. The series got ripped apart several books ago, and while I can see the good coming back, it’s hard to not think about what could have been.

Anyway… Betsy does more growing here. I’ve said it the last couple books, but it’s been true every time. She has been growing tremendously in recent books. It’s been good to see for the most part. All of her friends/roommates/family are changing too. Some of it was really good, some of it… not so much. This one has a lot to do with Hell, which was interesting.

The plot was kind of all over the place. It worked though, in a weird way. There are several that seem to compete for importance. I’m actually not used to that. It was a little strange, but it somehow worked. I still can’t bring myself to give it a five. There are still too many issues I have with the story, how it’s going, and what the next step looks like. While I did like it, I can’t seem to get back that sense of loving fondness I had for it in the beginning. Two books left. We’ll see how it goes.

Note: I’m not adding a detailed review of this one. I probably won’t of the next two either. I think I will end up writing one longer post encompassing the end of the series, and anything I hadn’t covered yet.

Rating:
♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment